Monday, February 1, 2016

What Is The Super Hero Report?

So here we are, I'd like to welcome you all to my blog, The Super Hero Report. What a fantastic time it is to be a comic book fanatic. In a little over a month we will be getting to see two huge icons, Batman and Superman, duke it out on the big screen. In 12 short days, we get to see the jester of the Marvel Universe, Deadpool, kick some major butt through his feature length movie. But here's where it gets interesting...

That's TWO new superhero movies over the course of two months. And a few months after that we have Captain America: Civil War being released in May, followed by X-Men: Apocalypse a couple weeks later. A few months after that, Suicide Squad makes it's theatrical debut. Marvel is looking to try and release 3 major productions a year, and DC Comics is going to start pumping out movies to play catch-up. Fox is trying to establish a cohesive Cinematic Universe for X-Men, and Sony is rebooting Spider-Man with collaboration from Marvel/Disney.

Is this fad going to remain as strong as it is now? Well the big Hollywood executives sure seem to think so. I will be using this blog to look into the future of this genre of film as it explodes into something bigger than it has ever been. There are plenty of entertainment websites out there that help keep me up to date on these sort of films.


I will use these sites to help me in various ways to help decipher the never ending news flow for these movies. I will be looking at new trailers, I will be covering rumors, I will be comparing movies to their source material, I will be looking back at why some movies were successful, and why others weren't. I really hope that this will in time become a one stop shop for all things superhero movie related, and I am very glad that you have all come to join me on this wild ride. So go make some popcorn, pop in your favorite superhero movie and get ready because with superheroes, the sky is the limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment